lenten twelves #6

The seam ripper is still my friend - I had extensive stitching on the pale border of this quilt, and the shadows it cast just weren't what I was envisioning. I'm liking this simpler version better. The pop of gold reminds me of the winter aconite blooms that are peeking out right now in Michigan, a sign of hope for growth and warmer weather. The warm colors are emerging from the whites and grays of winter.




Lenten twelves 5 is still on the design board along with 6 and two more. These will finish off the 12" squares from my base fabric. I've been enjoying this challenge, trying samples of stitching and other techniques that I've been wanting to try. Not every one is perfect, but I'm working on my art and that is what counts!




Lenten Twelves: My daughter Kelsey and I challenged each other to create 12" quilts each week in Lent to feast into creativity (and fast from those voices of doubt). My first four quilts are posted as lenten twelves 1lenten twelves 2, and lenten twelves 3, and lenten twelves 4.You can see Kelsey's lenten twelves 1lenten twelves 2lenten twelves 3lenten twelves 4, and lenten twelves 5 on her blog at Lovely & Enough or on Instagram with #lententwelves.

Comments

Popular Posts