another finish

 For some reason I'm on a finish-it kick. Here's the latest, a baby sized quilt that is gender-neutral. The top has been sitting in my studio for months and months after Kelsey and I decided to imitate a similar quilt from Hopewell Workshop with the stripes and diagonal. We made up a quilt in stripes and then cut it on the diagonal and each took half. First dilemma, somehow my half didn't quite work with the gray I had - it didn't balance, so I changed up the stripes to add the citron you see. Then, I had a lovely gold Lotta fabric for the back, but it didn't quite match the front so I couldn't make myself finish it. Finally my mom was over and bought some of this lovely plus Cotton and Steel fabric for herself and we realized it was a great match. One quick trip to Pink Castle (I love having them in Ann Arbor) and it was ready to go. Still can't quite decide if I love it, but its done and heading for the washing machine to soften it up. Yeah!




Comments

  1. It looks quite striking and the backing is perfect. Has Kelsey finished her 'half'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I love the backing now. I'm not always bold in my quilting thread color, so this one is a stretch for me with the dark navy!

      Kelsey was binding her "half" this winter (she ran out of fabric and I had to send her a piece :-)) but she doesn't seem to have blogged about it. I'll have to bug her to post it!

      Delete
  2. Great idea for a project - love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts