memories of summer

The studio is clean, and I've been enjoying creative warm ups with small projects. These are the cards I finished. I can almost hear the swish of Lake Michigan and seagulls squawking "mine, mine" "mine, mine." Unfortunately the only water in Ann Arbor this weekend was the snow, then sleet, then rain, then flooded roads, then slush...





I'm making progress on Kelsey's 21st birthday quilt - I'm aiming for the top done in time for her half-birthday. The good news is I didn't ruin any of the fabric she brought back from Italy and all the plus blocks are done!



 Because we didn't have quite enough fabric, I was able to include one plus of Kelsey's hydrangea print from her summer printing class. The big question is "Where to put the hydrangea plus?" What do you think?

Comments

  1. I think ....

    I can't believe I finally read one of your posts. I've had the blog up in my browser for almost a week!

    The hydrangea plus might be nice as one of the center diamond pieces.

    Is Kelsey really gonna be 21 - I suppose that's right, since Rebecca will be 25 next week.

    I want to learn how to quilt! :)

    Have a wonder, snow-filled day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you stopped by! I just re-arranged my blog and I'm pondering future directions, but I'm glad you stopped by to take a look. Hard to believe our daughters are 21 and 25! How time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for this quilt!!!

    I think the hydrangea square should maybe go in the same place it is but mirror the whole quilt :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts