avoidance or dance?

I find my artistic side balances the science side of me … except, when it doesn't. Sometimes crafting just the perfect figure for a paper takes extensive use of the creative side of my brain and I find myself enjoying sewing as almost a meditative space.

This Saturday morning as the sun came up I was enjoying a break from scientific writing to audition thread for a quilt in the wisdom series I have been working on. The series has been giving me grief, but I decided to simply finish each of the quilts in progress without agonizing too much, and learn something from each one. These quilts will probably never make it onto a wall, but as I worked in series I found that branching out when inspired makes a more interesting series!

This quilt had a different shape, and different background, and I was ruthless in editing to get closer to what I was envisioning. I'm still not too sure about it, but enjoying the sun coming up over the snow-covered ridge while enjoying thread colors can't be beat.




Then, mid-morning after ruthless editing of more scientific writing I put the finishing touches on these cards that make use of quilted squares from my unfinished projects box. Somehow the simple squares (the complex bits were all done already) were just what I needed after editing out 100 words from a 330 word abstract!

Comments

  1. So glad you stopped by my blog - 'coz now I can follow yours! Love your work!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Its so much fun to find new people on the web - I enjoyed browsing the quilts you have been working on too - love your use of color.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts