Serenity

Serenity. Elusive when aiming outside of your comfort zone.

An artist friend suggested just getting into the studio and doing something. Sew something. Sift through raw materials. Feel your fabric.

I'm trying to work BIGGER. And yet, the rhythm of larger scale is elusive.

So, for myself, just for now, I'm creating SMALLER. For fun. Just to use my hands, cut paper, maybe fabric, a word here, or there. Or entire dictionary pages.

And, its delightful. Had to share it simply because I have such a big smile on my face. And, tomorrow is soon enough to pick myself back up, and aim for BIG again.





Comments

  1. These are lovely! It's a great reminder to take the time and just create for fun with no plan or expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love them. And I'm jealous that you already know who they're going to, and it's not me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts