Lenten forms 1-6


Sometimes the last 10% is the hardest part!  These quilts have been living on my design board, calling out for quilting for quite a few months. Finally, with a little extra time over the Christmas holidays I decided it was time to finish the last four of the quilts I started last February.

Yikes! The weather was bitter, but the photographs of the quilts sure pop.  I photographed on top of my compost bin because it was so cold out and I wasn't enjoying venturing too far.

Lenten forms 2016
Here are my six Lenten Forms quilts. All the fabrics were hand dyed and printed with fiber reactive dyes. I experimented with resists, printing, and some discharge and overprinting of pieced quilt tops. The idea of infrastructure fascinates me... the invisible structures for water, gas, and electricity. We expect it to work all of the time, but sometimes the lines and flow are more chaotic than expected.

I have posted about the Lenten form 1 and Lenten form 2 previously, but here are all six in the series. Hopefully I'll find a few moments to post a little bit more on each quilt with some close-ups, but for now I'll enjoy (and I hope you do too) seeing the completed 16" squares.

Infrastructure 1

Infrastructure 3

Infrastructure 6
Infrastructure 2

Infrastructure 5
Infrastructure 4



Comments

Popular Posts