Wisdom - shoots and branches

Deep into a seminar on grant writing, pondering how I ended up in that room at that time, I sketched a quick drawing on my legal pad, juxtaposed with tips on honing specific aims in a grant.

Thoughts of wisdom imagery, of wisdom waiting in the town, up on the hills, at the door, welcoming me into a thoughtful life. Thoughts of life, of journeys, growing, new doors, and re-entering doors. Yet, always the possibility of the sprouting of vivid new life.

Don't love how it turned out ... used felt with batting, and have it pinned onto another piece of felt to ground it. But, it is nearly finished, and I learned something.

If I tried it again, I would make it more colorful and graffiti-like I think, but still with the seedlings popping. Maybe a traditional backing and binding? However, my goal was to try to make progress on a series of art quilts, and this is forward movement!

Comments

  1. I love the little red seedlings on the grey and navy background! And the skyscraper tree is awesome as well. Plus, the tree looks very real. Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts