Lenten form 5

Sometimes the final quilting is the hardest part. I enjoyed using multiple colors of quilting on the four. Then it was time to finish the circles ... the variegated thread worked well, and looks good drifting into the rust. And yet, when I tried to finish the final circle I was creating in the rust it took two tries. The first time looked awkward. Enter the seam ripper. Second try was the charm.


"Infrastructure 5"

This quilt was inspired after I found a telephone pole buried in the woods. The pole had tall numbers on it that had been worn away. The rusty color echos the metal tags that were also nailed to the pole. The circles remind me of the phone wires coiled overhead. Reminders of a fragile crumbling and yet functioning infrastructure.

See all six Lenten Forms 2016 in the Lenten Forms 1-6 post.


Comments

Popular Posts