Vulnerability

This winter I read a book by Brene Brown about the gifts of imperfection. Gave me lots to think about, how God views me and how twisted my view of myself can become when the world's influence is strong. MinEmergent's message for today was this poem, that I think it deserves remembering and coming back to (and finding where it is from so that I can read it.)

The Power of Vulnerability
by Brene Brown 

To be vulnerable is to see all of me 
And to be open to 
The possibility of 
Authenticity 
The courage to love me 
And ask for what I need 
With no certainty 
And holding my own 
Hand with accountability 
Of boundaries that 
I Set to let go of 
Who I think you need me to be 
And the ingredients include 
Courage, compassion, connection 
And the nest is acceptance 
Of all of me Shame and guilt 
Must be looked at 
With severe honesty in 
Owning my story 
Trusting my spirit solely 
Letting go of shoulds and pushing 
Practicing gratitude into a 
Shifting of joy that 
Doesn't exclude fear or sadness 
But delivers the need for 
Certainty turned into faith 
And in the calm and still place 
Don't forget to play 
God brought us each here 
With a gift to create today 

Comments

Popular Posts