Wondering why it has been over two years since I posted?  So am I!

I hit a creative roadblock that stalled my sewing for most of 2017 and even into 2018. Finally in September of 2018 I wrote down a list of quilts to finish with the goal of finishing by New Years Day 2019. (I will say that instagram also has changed my blogging habits ... )

My scary list!

  • PIPE: 2 piece whole cloth
  • Big yellow quilt top
  • Large white quilt top with blue "cyclone"
  • PIPE: small, purples, white, khaki
  • PIPE: medium purples, white/khaki
  • PIPE: small, gray/blue, white/payne's gray
  • PIPE: medium, circle with crosses
  • Infrastructure with binding tape
  • Infrastructure - gray green with pipes
  • Joe Cunningham Workshop Quilt?

After writing this list, I realized how many tops I had and that I was getting stuck on the quilting and I just needed to finish things!

Which, I began to do...

Pipes 1, Infrastructure 7 & 8, Cycle 1, September and October 2018
Then I got caught up in moving to a new house and a new studio... but once I unpacked I got back into the sewing...

Pipes 3, 8"x9", early 2019
Pipes 2, 11.4"x12.75", early 2019
Pipes 2, closeup

Pipes 4, 10.5"x10.5", early 2019

Pipes 3, 8"x9", early 2019

Not quite by New Years, but progress is good!  Photographing in my new studio and house is proving to be challenging, so learning how to photograph quilts well is a work-in-progress!

Then came Lent, and a commitment to try some new things. This included trying resist dyeing on pieced quilt tops. The design board and the results...



Lenten Twelves 2, 12"x12", April 201

Lenten Twelves 1, 12"x12", April 2019

Lenten Twelves 3, 12"x12", April 2019


Lenten Twelves 5, 12"x12", April 2019

Lenten Twelves 14, 12"x12", April 2019


Then, on to the big quilts!

Worn, 21.5"x22.75", May 2019

Closeup of Worn

"Worn" giving me inspiration in my studio!
Atonement, 12.5"x22", Summer 2019

Cycle 2, 27"x39.5", Summer 2019


Cycle 2 closeup


My scary list revisited in July of 2019...

  • FINISHED PIPE: 2 piece whole cloth
  • FINISHED Big yellow quilt top
  • FINISHED Large white quilt top with blue "cyclone"
  • FINISHED PIPE: small, purples, white, khaki
  • FINISHED PIPE: medium purples, white/khaki
  • FINISHED PIPE: small, gray/blue, white/payne's gray
  • FINISHED PIPE: medium, circle with crosses
  • FINISHED Infrastructure with binding tape
  • FINISHED Infrastructure - gray green with pipes
  • Deferred indefinitely Joe Cunningham Workshop Quilt?
  • +FINISHED 5 Lenten Twelve Pipes that weren't on my original list!

Also found time for sewing a baby blanket and samples for my daughter Kelsey of Lovely and Enough in the middle of these UFO's.

What next?  Creative block still rears its head, but has mostly been sorted. So, I began to dive into a series on the Flint Water crisis that had been hanging around in my head for a long time and I just hung a show.  But, that is another story...

Thanks for reading and supporting my creative endeavors!
Blessings,
Jen






Comments

Popular Posts