quilt for Jayden

This past spring I made a quilt for my niece's baby. Jayden is now four months old, so it is time to post this quilt! I used as a centerpiece a hand-printed fabric that my daughter Kelsey (Lovely and enough) printed several years ago when she studied abroad in Florence. The flamingos are so much fun! The simple courthouse steps with bold color blocking was inspired by Hopewell Studio.



I just love stripey bindings
 I was so glad Kelsey brought me this fabric to use! She really enjoyed how the quilt turned out and you can see more about the inspiration and this minty Hortensia at her blog. You can see two more variations that Kelsey tried, a modern courthouse featuring Hortensia and citron Hortensia.

the soft blue whale was also for Jayden, crafted by Taylor
Daughter Taylor wasn't to be left out of this and sewed a fun, soft whale for Jayden. I think it was nice contrast in the middle a semester of architecture study.

Comments

  1. Ahhh, Kelsey does beautiful work, but clearly so do you, Jen! The quilt turned out beautifully and I love how large graphic blocks can be perfect modern baby quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts