stuck

Summer has been about being outside, being with family, enjoying Lake Michigan, sailing, camping, and more. Fall has been about new rhythms in my volunteer work. Art quilts - on the back burner!

Partly, this is because I have been enjoying other things. Partly, I'm stuck. I started a series of 15" quilts using this gorgeous color scheme that I love, but I simply got stuck. Nothing seemed to work right. Here's where my 15's are now.



The rhythm of these quilts feels like scratchy static. Love the fabrics. Love the ideas in my head about infrastructure, support, movement, life. Not showing up in my designs.

The fall colors have been beautiful in Michigan and I keep seeing beautiful juxtapositions in my head. With a little more time for sewing, I'll get back into the swing of it. But, for now, I'm working at getting rid of the static and finding the images.

In the mean time, I planted these fall into winter planters which are working much better than my fiber art.


Comments

Popular Posts