Wisdom: many laws to one love


 As my faith community studies its way through the Bible this year, we considered how the Jewish faith has the Torah, many laws that help guide and craft a thoughtful, good life. Jesus, when he came to earth, turned the law upside down, focusing on one love instead of many laws. My faith draws me to walk in this way of love. Life constantly challenges me to figure out what this means. Living a life filled with love for God, myself, and others is a constant dance, filled with thought-provoking, life-provoking moments.

This quilts many colorful squares represents the Torah, full of life, in many bits. Its drifts down into a growing circle, representing the love and wisdom that Jesus calls us to lean into.

The idea for this sampler quilt came to me last fall, but the design just would not fall together! Finally, I think it is finished.

Comments

Popular Posts